Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bilirubin Climbing

Hello all,

I apologize for not putting up an update yesterday. I typed it, but my computer ate it! Then I didn't have time to redo it.

Yesterday, Collin's biliruben (liver enzymes) went up to 15.7. Today, it is up to 17.1. Yesterday, they started giving Collin Miralax to try to get his bowels to move. We still have no bowel movements and no bowel sounds. His belly is continuing to swell up, and they are now measuring it frequently to keep track of the swelling. His belly is hard to the touch again, as well.

Yesterday (or maybe Friday) they started weaning him off of Versed (sedative), and Dilaudid (pain med) and putting him on Adavant (anxiety) and Methadone (pain). They also started him on Peptamen Junior, which is a similar product to Pediasure, to feed him through his NJ tube. He is getting 10 ml an hour now of feed. The Peptamen comes pre-made, so it is easier on the nurses. They were mixing Pediasure and Pedialite together.

Yesterday, I got Julie away from the hospital for a couple of hours to go to Caleb's birthday party (our brother's son) and then we went shopping a little. Today, we are decorating Collin's room with Easter decorations, and Collin's immediate family is visiting. I am going to spend the night at the hospital tonight and Julie is going home. She has a dental appointment to get her teeth looked at at 7 AM tomorrow.  So I will stay the night with Collin tonight and work from the hospital today and tomorrow.

We may have a conference with the doctors tomorrow, we are not sure. We will keep you posted on what they say. Thank you for your patience and support.

Love,

Jenn Wilson
317-430-0805
jenndwilson83@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Jenn. I am so glad to get an update. Didn't want to bother you over the phone. Never sure what is going on and an appropriate time to call. Just want to let you know that Ally's Daisy Troop made Collin a blanket. They made several for children who are in the hospital and Ally wanted Collin to have one. I picked it up this morning and it is Pink with Hearts all over it. Collin will totally hate it. lol Let me know how to get it to you or exactly what you would like to have me do with it. We are still praying. As a matter of fact, everyone I know is praying for Collin. Give him lots of love from Ally. Today is Wear your Pajamas to School day. So Collin is participating with his class today. I hope you and the family have a blessed day. Cheryl Vandivier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email. It is no trouble. Just text me if you want me to call you, otherwise I won't answer cause I'll assume it is Ally leaving a message. Collin will love the blanket because it is from Ally. Technically, Collin is not participating in Wear your Pajamas to School day, because he wears his birthday suit! But, for the kids' purposes, he is wearing pjs! Thank you for your help!! : )

    ReplyDelete